A Southeastern Trust for Parks and Land project to connect Georgia’s trail community every year. Our goal is to encourage a connected trail network in every corner of the state.
We provide connections, share knowledge and further the trail projects already happening in Georgia. Trails includes rail-trails, greenways, water trails, multi-purpose paths, equestrian trails, and thematic trails based on history, culture and food.
Save the date: the next Trail Summit will be April 20-22, 2017 in Columbus, GA. Home of the longest urban whitewater course in the world. Biking, walking, and heritage trails. All right downtown. RFP for topics is open until Nov 15.
AICP CM credits available. All sponsorships include free registrations.
Georgia Trail Summit planning team members
- John Devine, Northeast Georgia Regional Commission
- Lisa Frank, Frank Relations
- Renee Gable, Greenprints Alliance
- Bill Jones, Southeastern Trust for Parks & Land
- Jim Langford, MillionMile Greenway
- Gwyneth Moody, Georgia River Network
- Josh Moore, NPS Rivers, Trails & Conservation Assistance
- Tracie Sanchez, Southeastern Trust for Parks & Land
- John Steward, GSU College of Public Health
- Camilla Warren, US EPA Region 4
- And a local host committee based in each community we visit